Our vision for the farm is far from its current reality of unmaintained buildings and shaggy landscape. The property is 53 acres, located on a road formerly known as Crapser, named for earlier landowners. The name was changed, along with several other local road names, in what seems to have been an attempt at rebranding.
The house was built in 1890, with several chimneys and a woodshed attached to the kitchen. There are three barns, two of which are stuck together into one big barn, and the third a very large shed.
The land is mostly hay fields, and slopes up away from the buildings, rising to a small ridge, then dipping away in two directions. One hillside has crumbling stone walls and an old apple orchard surrounded by trees that grew into the previously grazed field. Below this woods, a wetland, courtesy of low ground and beavers, offers wildlife habitat. Near the house, the overgrown grass and weeds hide ample space for our gardens.